Review | TouchInSol In The Skin Renovation BB Cream


Hey guys! I tested out the In The Skin Renovation BB Cream for the past 2 weeks so I decided that it was time for a bb cream review! I got 3 products from TouchInSol from CozyCot, (click here to my haul post to find out where you can get them for only S$8) the 1. In The Skin Renovation BB Cream, 2. Velvet Touch BB Balm and 3. I'm Very Useful Makeup Boomer. Following reviews with be on the other two products but I decided to just concentrate on the BB cream in this post.





From TouchInSol korean website:

Active Ingredients

Camomile Extract ,Lavender Extract, Green Tea Extract, PORTULACA OLERACEA (GREEN PURSLANE) EXTRACT, Aloe Vera Extract
Product Feature
- Sun protection of SPF36 PA+ factor shuts off UV A and B. 
- Safe to use on sensitive and trouble skin with SKIN FILM SYSTEM for the excellent calming skin
- Perfectly covers reddish skin and blemishes. 
- Sebum controlling function prevents oily complexion caused by excess sebum and secretion of maintaining bright and balanced the skin tone with soft and excellent application.






I will go ahead and state that the biggest disadvantage this In The Skin (ITS) Renovation bb cream had is that it only comes in one shade. for shade reference, I am a NC25, Revlon Colorstay shade 180 Sand Beige. I feel that NC20-25 is a very safe match, if you skin tone is darker than this (above NC30), I'm afraid it may look too grey-ish on the skin. 

The ITS Renovation bb cream does not contain any shimmers/iridescent in the bb cream, it does leaves a dewy finish which looks fine on its own or powdered over if you prefer a matte look. I do like the subtle dewy finish it leaves so sometimes I just lightly powder my T-Zone or just leave it as it is and blot after a few hours into the day when the skin gets greasy.  

The consistency is definitely on the thin, more liquidy side. Definitely not paste-y like Dr Jar Black Label BB balm or BRTC Whitening bb cream. Since it is more liquidy, it blends easily on the skin, slight streaking but more blending will solve the problem. This bb cream has a light coverage, buildable to light-medium coverage max. 

Redness still peeks through the layer of bb cream so concealing cannot be skipped. I blend it using my fingers so maybe using a beauty blender or a brush will give it more coverage. I always blend my bb cream using my hands I feel that it blends nicely with the warmth from the fingers and I don't have to wash makeup brushes that frequently. 

Surprisingly, the bb cream controls oil fairly well, I don't necessarily have to blot during the day but after around 6-7 hours into application, it does get noticeably greasy.

For dry patches, I find that this bb cream does emphasize flaky spots so I just conceal my dry areas and avoid applying bb cream over them. I made a mistake of wearing it all over my face once and boy! I looked flaky and caked near my temples. Not a pretty sight :/
I love the packaging, it comes in a squeeze tube with a pump on one side. Perfect, fuss-free packaging, all bb creams/foundations should come like this!

The Touch In Sol In The Skin Renovation BB Cream retails for S$23.90 and I believe you can get this product at Watsons. Click the link here to find out where I got this for only $8!

Not suitable for:
-Very dry skin
-very light or very dark skin tones (since it comes in only one shade)
- Acne prone skin (light coverage)


Price: 3/5 (RRP: $23.90) 
Effectiveness: 4/5 (if you are in the market for something heavier than a tinted moisturizer and do not require high coverage, I would recommend this)
Packaging: 5/5 
Grease control: 3.5/5
Overall rating: 3.5/5


Tell me in the comments below, what are your favourite bb creams at the moment! 


Love,
Hannah

No comments :

Post a Comment