A day at the beach | Outfit + What's in my makeup bag (Summer edition)

This picture is taken by yours truly using the Panorama effect. Click on the picture to see the full size! Pretty sweet right?


 Top: H&M /  Bottoms: Zara / Sunglasses: Charles & Keith


I went to a beach outing a few days ago. I always like to wear something over my bikini that is see-through so it gives a little sexiness yet not too revealing. Plus a lace top like the one I wore is very breezy which is great for a hot summer weather. I wore a navy bikini which matches the navy stripes on my bottoms.



I brought some makeup with me to the beach for touch ups. If you guys are a long time reader, you would know that I don't like to powder my face during the day. Plus my complexion has been going crazy lately so I especially do not want to pile powder over my face. But since we're at the beach, there will be sweating so to prevent myself  from turning into a sweaty girl with makeup melting off her face, I bring only the essentials to avoid any awkward situations.




6 items I brought with me are:

1. MAC mineralized skin finish in Medium (Click here for review). This makes the skin look amazing! The fine powder smooths out all the imperfections and makes the skin look flawless. The only downside is that it cannot control oil so top it off with blotting powder or translucent powder over areas where it gets oily.

2. Revlon translucent powder in 02. I LOVE this translucent powder. I'm almost all finished with this one and will definitely repurchase again. It does not make the face look cakey and similarly smooths out all flaws on the face. The result is a natural and matte skin.

3. Ecotools kabuki brush. The size makes it perfect to throw in a small makeup bag. I wish the brush was a bit denser so it gets more product in one go instead of going back to apply several times.

4. A pair of scissors for emergency situations for example tags on clothing, knotted laces etc.

5. LA Girl lipstick in Secret Admirer. One of my go-to lipsticks for all occasions. I like to wear brighter pinks in the summer.

6. Majolica Majorca liquid eyeliner in Black (Click here for review). This is already my second tube. It contains way more product than it looks, my first one lasted me for a year with almost daily usage! It does require some practice since the tip is very soft.

7. Urban Decay 24/7hr concealer in FBI (Click here for review). Best.Concealer.Ever! It is so easy to use, I just dab it on any blemish directly and blend it with my finger. Super easy to blend, very thick and pigmented. I bought it from ACW but they don't carry it anymore and I can't seem to find it in Sephora UD section. If you guys can find it online, I highly recommend you to try it!



That's all guys! Let me know you like to do on the beach or what is your must bring item in your summer makeup bag. I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I'll see you in the next. Cheers!






 *Pictures taken using iPhone5




Love,
Anonymous




No comments :

Post a Comment