Mole Removal Surgery [Part 3- Recovery at 2.5 months]


Mole Removal Surgery [Part 3- Recovery 2.5 months]

Hey guys! Just a short update on my recovery from the mole removal surgery. If you want to know more information on my entire experience, I’ll link part 1 and part 2 here.

I've receive some emails inquiring about my recovery, so I decided to do a blog post/update about it.  

It’s been 2 months (and 2 weeks to be exact) now and the both of my wounds is healing well, they are not painful at all unless I press really hard on it.  


The one on my cheek is completely flat, still a little red but nothing a little concealer cannot cover. I hope that the redness can be reduced with time but that is not a problem at all for me. 


Lets do a little recapping...



2 days after surgery


3rd week






2 and a half months

[Scar measures 1.1cm]



.

.

.



The one on my arm is more problematic, it has a small bulge (keloid) form similar to those of BCG injections (if you live in Singapore, you probably know what that means, otherwise you may want to Google it). The doctor said it is very common for keloids to form on arms so the next visit he'll give me a steroids jab if the bulge hasn't reduced and it shouldn't be a problem.



2 days after surgery




3rd week



2 and a half months


[Scar measures 0.9cm] It looks big but it really isn't



.

.

.



I am not afraid of needles at all, especially after experiencing the anesthetic jab on my cheek (Read part 1 to read about the jab) which is definitely the most painful jab I've ever experienced in my lifetime of needle jabbing, therefore I don’t think the steroid jab will scare me.


If I have to give a rating for the pain level, I’ll give 1/10 for arm injections (in general), 2/10 for teeth extraction injections and around a 5/10 for the cheek anesthetic injection. I think any injection around the face is going to hurt big time. 


All in all, I am very happy with the results, especially the one on my cheek. Again, I highly recommend doing this procedure, it is fast, quite painless and the effects are permanent.

.

.

.



Plastic Surgeon vs Dermatologist
Also, a reader asked me if there is a need to go to a plastic surgeon to get the laser surgery or any dermatologist will suffice. I think that if you go to a good, ‘up-there’ dermatologist, there may be the appropriate equipment for the laser treatment. The derm that I went to did not have the equipment to perform laser surgery so he referred me to a plastic surgeon. So it is more about the availability of the equipment rather than other factors. 

I do not encourage going to a beautician to remove any moles larger than 0.3cm or if they are raised because moles may grow to become melanoma (you may want to google about melanoma if you are interested) which is cancerous. If you do not completely remove the entire mole from the roots, there is a chance there it may become melanoma. Especially since beauticians only gets rid of the surface mole area by burning it with acid and it irritates the mole. 



Biopsy
I got a biopsy of my 2 moles done by my doctor, and collected the results back the second appointment and thankfully, my moles were safe (but that did not mean that it will not become cancerous in the future so better to remove it first).  



Okay so that all guys boy do I talk alot! Hope you enjoyed my little update and I’ll see you guys soon! 


Read other parts!
Read part 1 [My entire experience]
Read part 2 [Recovery at 3rd Week]
Read part 4 [Recovery at 4th Month]

Love,
Anonymous




3 comments :

  1. When is it safe to put make up on the scars? (to conceal it) Thanks for sharing your experience anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hikaru, sorry for the late reply, around 2 weeks after a thick layer of scab has formed, but remember to use a light hand because any rubbing or tugging can cause the wound to tear open.

      Thanks for reading babe! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sending this info. I learned alot from it. I am grateful for the amount of time and effort you put into this helping us.
    Mole Removal Surgery

    ReplyDelete