Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel


Review for Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel


 Hello! I’m back with another exciting review! Ever since I tried using Proactiv, my acne problem did improve a lot but skin condition was very unstable. Little bumps always appear out of nowhere and there was no way of getting rid of those. I have changed to using my Cetaphil cleanser for quite some time now (maybe a good 6 months? look out for review soon!) but I still did not achieve the perfect smooth skin that I hoped for. 

So after coming back from Korea, my skin was in a pretty bad shape, so I started using my Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel which I kept away in the corner because I was so faithful to my moisturizing routine then.


 
Website Description:
Hydro Boost Water Gel restores skin’s moisture levels by more than 200%, providing not only immediate replenishment but also hydration that lasts up to 12 hours, for soft, supple skin with a healthy glow. 

Direction of use: Massage evenly over face and neck every morning and night, after clear lotion or essence.







 
Pros:

True as the name tells, it comes in a watery gel-form that spreads smoothly and evenly onto the surface of the skin. My skin drinks it in quickly and I find that it does not leave a heavy sticky film behind (which my Cetaphil Moisturizer did). Give it around 5 to 10 minutes and the face looks very clean and fresh. 

The gel feels cool applied onto the face and immediately refreshes and hydrates the skin. The skin is much more radiant akin to using a mask. I find my skin becoming smoother and healthier overall. 

My pores did not get clogged at all and there may be a purging period depending on the adaptability of your skin. Initially I did not notice any purging but then after around a week, 2-3 zits did pop out and I recognize that as some purging, then after the purging period my skin never did better. So I suggest giving it a period for around 3 or 4 weeks to really test the product out.




Cons:

50 grams may sound a lot but trust me, I’m almost out of my first jar and I consider it pretty quick considering that I’ve used if for barely a month. I am also interested in the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Essence which reviewers that that it is a serum so I may be trying that out too. 

The smell is a little too over whelming initially and I am surprised that no reviewer has pointed that out yet. When I first open the jar I was blown away by the surge of overly perfumed scent similar to detergents or even mothballs. I would not call it unpleasant, just a tad too strong for my liking. 

So if you dislike fragrances in products I absolutely do not recommend this as the moisturizer has a significantly stronger scent than in others. However after using it for around a month, the scent kind of fades away into something pretty mild. Peeps with sensitive skin please do beware!

It comes in a jar and I find it quite unhygienic. I hate dipping my fingers in there but sometimes I do when I’m lazy. It does come with a spatula and I will give myself a pat on the back if I had it now because boy do I misplace my stuff. The first time I took it out of the box, it was never to be seen again. If my fingers are dirty, I use a clean Q-tip to get some product out and then dispose the Q-tip.  



Yadda Yadda:

I bought it at Watsons for SGD$20.90 for 50g of product. You can get it for $15 during a sale. Will I repurchase? Definitely Yes! I highly recommend you guys to check it out if you are looking for a lightweight gel moisturizer.

If you have any enquires or questions, please leave it below in the comments sections or email me and I will get back to you as soon as possible. As always, thank you for so much reading and feedback are most welcomed! 


Packaging: 3.5/5
Price: 4/5
Effectiveness: 5/5
Overall rating: 4.5/5



Love,
Anonymous






1 comment :

  1. Hi

    This sounds like the Kiehls Ultra Facial Oil Free Gel which is of course more expensive!!

    Am looking forward to your eye lash review that I requested. But dont hurry get well soon. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete