Best Beauty Products of 2011


Hey guys! Today I’m going to be doing the best beauty products of the year which everybody in the beauty blogosphere are doing so I’m joining in the fun too. I do have a lot of favourites this year from all categories therefore I’ll try to make it short and sweet with lots of pictures. These products have entered my Holy Grail list which I almost use it every day now and I highly recommend everyone to try it out.

I’ve linked the titles directly to the specific review so do not hesitate to click on them to read the entire review. Detailed information such as their price, where I got them, pros & cons of the item are all written there. 










 



 
I’m pretty sure this was one of my latest reviewed product. I have been using it almost every day since I got it. For girls whose hair turns greasy easily, this is the product for you. The powder is very fine and it soaks up all the oils. The hair looks significantly less oily and they are very affordable. Highly recommend it!





 
Avene Thermal Spring Water




 
I can’t believe I haven’t done a post on this yet. I’ve been using it for months now and I really love it. I have tried other brands of thermal water such as the Vichy and La Roche Posay ones. To be honest, I like the Avene one above all. I find myself reaching out to it more often and I really like how it makes my skin feel refreshed and plumped. It’s like I had my mask on for 20 minutes but the effects are instant. Love it!










You guys already know I’m a lazy person and this liquid eyeliner is a no hassle, twist-and-draw kind of product. It stays for good amount of time and it is very opaque. I find myself reaching this more than my MAC black track fluidline. They are often on sale, so at SGD$12-16, I do find them affordable. Most of Majolica Majorca products that I bought did not disappoint me so I’ll sure be purchasing more products from their brand.









 
This is still the only mascara I use and swear by. This mascara is great for holding up curls and lengthening. It defines every lash and the fibres add to the length of the natural lashes. The formula is very opaque black and extremely water resistant. It does not smudge under my eyes at all. The only downside is that it does not volumize the lashes and the removal of this mascara is always a pain in the butt. 



 

MAC Dame Satin Powder Blush





 
I love this blush so much! Dame is an everyday colour and matches with every makeup or clothes I’m wearing. I would consider it a straight up pink that is warmer and more pigmented than Well-dressed. It just gives my face a natural pink flush that looks really adorable especially for fairer skin tones. MAC blushes are very pigmented so do use a light hand. I highly recommend this colour if you looking for an everyday shade to wear.  








 
I know this sounds stupid but I really do not know if the brand is Bifesta or Mandom. I think they rebranded the original brand Mandom to Bifesta, but I’m really not sure. If you guys know what exact name it is, do tell me because I’m getting so confused with all the names. In my opinion, I think it removes makeup like a dream, easy to use, cheap, readily available and it does not break me out. I gone through bottles and bottles of them, it is crazy. 






If you have lost all hopes in Acne treatment creams, try this out. At only 4 bucks, you have nothing to lose. This product is cheap and works pretty well compared to other pimple creams such as Clinique or Clearasil that cost more and stings the wound. I don’t find my pimples disappearing after 1 night but I do reach for this pimple cream a lot. The texture is very similar to Proactiv’s Refining Mask which has a clay-like texture. I use the Acne Clear pimple cream at night because most of my pimples form during my sleep. Sneaky zits!  




 



 
In the 2011 I dyed my hair jet black and urgently needed a grey or taupe eyebrow pencil. I stopped dying my hair because my hair was noticeably dry, frizzy and my hair fell out more easily. I only had brown eyebrow pencils, eyebrow powder then, so I was on a mission to find my ideal taupe eyebrow pencil. I have been using this eyebrow pencil the entire year. It works great and the colour fits my criteria exactly. You do need to use a light hand when using this though. It is very affordable and travel friendly.










 
If you have redness or scars to cover, try the Urban decay concealer pencil out! It blends like a dream and is so much creamier than thick concealers such as the MAC studio finish concealer. The formula looks extremely natural and covers blemishes really well. I find such concealers prone to caking on blemishes due to the thick consistency but with this concealer, the dryness is not very noticeable.



 
That’s all of my favourites for the year of 2011 and I do hope more to come by this year! Hope you all have a great weekend ahead! 



Love,
Anonymous

No comments :

Post a Comment