China Glaze CG In The City

Review for China Glaze CG In The City

2 posts in a day?! Say WHUUUT! Hey guys! Back for another review! This post will be on China Glaze CG In The City which I recently got my hands on. This nail polish has gotta be in my top ten favourite nail polishes at all times. It is a glittery nail polish with tiny purple, silver and rust glitters. It is an amazing nail polish on its own or over an opaque shade. Check out my previous haul where I feature this polish here. I saw a photo on Google top searches with CG In The City over Urban Night and it is AMAZING. Therefore Urban Night by China Glaze will definitely be in my next polish purchase.

Pictures below are just 3 coats of CG In The City and of course a clear base coat and top coat. Please note that I am not a professional at applying nail polishes so please forgive any mistakes. 









Pros:

The colour is phenomenal!! The glitters are soooo pretty! I got so many compliments when I wore this on my nails last week. 

It is really easy to apply, the texture and consistency of the glitter polish is great. Another benefit when using this polish is that errors are very forgiving compared to cream polishes. 



Cons:

I wish the colour would appear exactly the same on the nails as it appears in the bottle but it is a tad lighter on the nails. Using a dark purple shade under CG In The City will definitely bring out the glitters more. 

If you are using CG In The City as the only shade, you will need at least 3 coats for a semi-opaque colour.
You can actually feel the rough glitters on the nails, therefore be careful before scratching the face as it feels similar to sand paper

It began chipping after a week which is not that bad comparing with other nail polishes. The beauty of the glitters overweighs the lasting power so it doesn’t really matter that much to me.


 
Yadda Yadda:

I got this online through a friend of mine. I paid around SGD$7 for this nail polish. Will I repurchase? Definitely! I highly recommend everyone to check this polish out! What are your favourite nail polishes? Do recommend me!



Texture: 5/5
Colour: 5/5
Price: 4/5
Lasting Power: 4/5
Overall rating:  4.5/5


Love,
Anonymous


No comments :

Post a Comment