Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion SPF 50+ PA+++


Review for Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Complete UV Waterlight Lotion SPF 50+ PA+++

Hey babes! Today’s post will be on Sunscreen. I’ve haven’t really tried much sunscreen at all since I have always thought that the sunscreen in my foundation/ BB Creams are sufficient for my entire face and getting at least 20 to 30 minutes of Sun without anything on the skin (sunscreen, makeup etc) was beneficial to the skin. I was slowly introduced to the damage of the Sun rays and how it makes you age etc, and it kinda got into me that I should use a good sunscreen. I started using sunscreen at around age 17-ish but was kind of on and off of it. 


I became acne-prone at around age 18, before that my skin condition was perfect, my pores were not clogged, and there wasn’t a single pimple or scar. So after getting acne I went on Benzoyl Peroxide which is very common in acne treatments. And soon I found out that if you are on Benzoyl Peroxide your face is very sensitive to the sun so using a good sunscreen was essential for healing. So from then on, I’ve been on the hunt for a good yet non irritating sunscreen. 





 I apologise for the horrendously washed out picture! I should've checked!




Milk alike texture





Neutrogena is a wonderful brand for oily and acne-prone skin problem girls like myself and I’ve heard lots of good stuff for their sunscreen.

Pros:

Feels super ultra lightweight. There is no sticky feeling at all and does not make the skin greasy. The texture feels exactly like milk and once rubbed into the skin, it dries into nothingness (I give the alcohol content credit for this). The texture is phenomenal. This sunscreen does not give a white cast or sting my face which is a bonus. I’m not sure if I recommend using this sunscreen as a primer. If you do have extremely oily skin, I still suggest using a primer. 


Cons:

It contains alcohol and that is probably the ingredient that irritated my skin. After using it for a few days, my skin grew little bumps around nose area plus cheeks and the sunscreen was the only thing I added into my makeup routine so it was definitely the culprit. So I stopped using and my skin went back to normal. I tested it again because damn, that shit’s expensive! And AGAIN bumps started to form so I was super frustrated with myself since I love the formula to death.  I will try it again soon and post an update below this post of the results. The bottle is extremely tiny for the price you pay. But you do only need 2 drops of it. 



Yadda Yadda: 

I paid SGD$20 for a bottle at Watsons. I believe it is sold at all Watsons counters and it comes in a yellow box. Will I repurchase? Probably not, because it irritated my skin but I’ll try to finish the whole bottle of it. Do you guys have any good sunscreen to recommend? Please do tell me! 


Packaging: 5/5
Price: 2/5
Texture: 5/5
Effectiveness: 3/5 (since it irritated my skin)
Overall rating: 4/5


Love,

Anonymous



No comments :

Post a Comment