Review for Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel

Review for Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel

Hey everyone! Today I’m doing a review for my Holy Grail Moisturizer Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel. I bought my first squeeze tube from Watsons after reading positive reviews about it. It was also during the time that I was experiencing bad acne problems. And when I say bad acne problems I mean BAD acne problems. Cystic acne all over my forehead (my forehead was the worst ever) and a little on my cheeks. Those pimples will form clusters and JOIN TOGETHER to form an extremely humongous and painful one. Even after 2 years the scars on my forehead are still very visible. Seriously, at that time, every morning I looked at my face I really wanted to cry. 

Jorubi helped me a lot during those times. My face was red and painful and many other moisturizers weren’t helping in clearing my acne, clogging my pores even more. Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel is organic and therefore wouldn’t irritate the skin. It states on the back of the tube that it is a stabilized aloe vera gel which can be used as a moisturizer, or as general first-aid agent to soothe, promote healing and bring relief to the following conditions: Pimple/Acne, Ulcers (including mouth ulcers), haemorrhoids (piles), stretchmarks, rashes, minor burns (including sunburn), bruises, cute/abrasions and insect bites. Longest sentence EVAR! 


Ingredients (below)




Pros:

If a moisturizer can be eaten, you know that it is extremely good for the skin too and wouldn’t harm it in anyway. I use it as a moisturizer and it is SO soothing, redness on my face is reduced significantly. I highly recommend using this for people with sensitive skin because with healthy ingredients like this, it will definitely not irritate the skin. It taste sweet (yes! For the sake of this review I just tasted it). It does not clog pores, does not feel oily. It does leave a sticky film initially (2-3 minutes) but dries up to nothingness. Product comes in a squeeze tube so it is very hygienic. Product last for around 2 months, extremely value for money. Worth every single cent! It is also great for sunburnt skin, makes the skin less painful and flaky. Does not sting any wounds at all and does not sting eye areas. 

BUT! As miraculous as this product may seem, it does not really heal or cure acne problems (I wouldn’t consider that a con since it is super mild)! I thought I will just state it out to avoid any misunderstandings. If you are thinking by just using this product your pimples will be gone, it is not going to happen. This is just a soothing gel with mild healing properties so it is not going to do wonders. Use of for a period of time and maybe you will see a difference. My face feels so much less bumpy after using this product for a long time (I think a good whole year?). Defo no instant results. 


Cons: 

The gel may feel sticky at first but give it a minute or two and it will dry up. The squeeze tube will sometimes pop product out due to the air pressure (?) not really sure but it will squirt a pea size amount with a POP sound that scares the crap out of me. Oh! And when there is little gel left, it is very hard to get product out, I usually will squeeze, let air enter, squeeze again and let air enter. Product does come out this way but it gets everywhere so the packaging can definitely be improved. Hmm..there isn’t anything really anything bad about the product.


Additional information:
There are many kinds of Aloe Vera Gel in the market. The two most famous (?) in Singapore or at least most raved about in Singapore are Jorubi and Fruit Of The Earth. If I am not wrong Fruit Of The Earth is cheaper compared to Jorubi but I heard that it stings the eye area so do be careful if you are opting for that choice. I still stick by my HG moisturizer. 

Yadda Yadda:
I bought mine for SGD$19.90 at Watsons. I think it retails at all Watsons and Guardian pharmacies for SGD$19.90 (but I’m not very sure T.T). Net weight 120ml. I saw it at Mustafa the other day for SGD$17.90 or SGD$18.90. I apologize for my extremely bad memory. Ratings: 5/5 Stars. I wish I could give a 6/5 stars for this one. Best product EVAR! Have you tried it before? What is your HG moisturizer? For me it is definitely Jorubi Aloe Vera Gel <3.


Like it? Love it? Follow and bookmark my blog! <3

Love,

Anonymous


4 comments :

  1. I always wanted to try this aloe vera but it contains paraben and disodium EDTA right? D: those are harmful ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi That Whimsical Blogger,

      Thank you for reading and commenting, yes, sadly it does contain Methylparaben as the last ingredient. I noticed it some time ago which is why i switched to Neutrogena Water Gel. I should have updated this post as well. Since Aloe Vera is a natural plant, the parabens must have been added as an preservative agent. It states on the back that it can be used to treat ulcers so if it is safe for consumption then I presume the % is probably 0.4%-0.8% which is considered safe.

      However parabens is said to cause breast cancer and aging skin so do use it at your own risk. Most cosmetics contain small amount of parabens so I try to stay away from them now. But nonetheless if you are looking for an aloe vera gel, this is a good option. Most natural face products should probably contain parabens. I'm not too sure about disodium EDTA because it is not stated in the ingredient list.

      I hope i answered your questions, please have a very nice week ahead! Cheers :)

      Delete
  2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methylparaben
    hmm some facts i found..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there. I found your web site by means of Google even as looking for a comparable subject, your site came up. It seems great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to visit then.
    organic aloe vera gel

    ReplyDelete